Well, we made it into the New Year!
I don’t know about you, but 2015 was a challenging year for me – both professionally and personally. I learnt so many lessons, grew in ways I didn’t think possible and experienced some amazing moments.
At this time of year, it’s all too easy to get caught up in the “NEW YEAR NEW YOU” hype and forget that we’ve already achieved so much.
Here are some of my favourite 2015 highlights:
- Fulfilling a lifelong dream to travel to India – I’ve wanted to go there for as long as I can remember and it totally surpassed all my expectations. I definitely had “a moment” standing in front of the Taj Mahal at dawn. Plus, I took roughly a ZILLION photos – it truly is a photographer’s paradise!
- Being commissioned by my all-time fave business mentor, Denise Duffield-Thomas, to capture the action at her London event in February – just a *teeny* bit starstruck!
- Conceiving, building and launching my new luxury stock photography site for entrepreneurs and creatives – Stock with Soul. Go check it out and grab your free images if you haven’t already!
- Creating truly drop-dead-gorgeous, piercingly soulful images for my clients – women who consistently inspire me with their passion and fearlessness
- Meeting two of my best friend’s newborn daughters for the first time 🙂
- Qualifying as a Level 1 Reiki practitioner
- Spending most of the Summer living and shooting in Newquay, Cornwall
- Having SO MANY amazing breakthroughs and A-Ha moments with my awesome coach – I couldn’t have done it without you, Jo!
- Hiring a VA for the first time (why oh why didn’t I do it before? It’s amazing!)
- Filing my own tax return! (Yes it is possible – FreeAgent is simply awesome!)
Phewf! It’s pretty amazing how much you’ve actually done and achieved when you list it all out. Give it a go! I bet you’ll find there’s more there than you thought!
As for 2016…. well, I’ve heard it said that this year marks the culmination of all the hard work we’ve been putting in for the preceding eight – reaping the rewards, so to speak. So, I’m all up for that! Bring it on!
Wishing you the brightest, most joyful, fun and passionate year, lovely.
‘Til next time,